Send us a length of YOUR swimming, shot from under water, and GoSwim will send you a detailed stroke evaluation – for FREE!
Who Can Do It
Anyone with an existing or new GoSwim “Annual Pro” subscription.
How to Do It
- Grab a GoPro or your iPhone in a Hitcase (use code SWIM10 for a Hitcase discount). Pick up a SUPERWIDE Lens for the best video as well.
- Get yourself an Annual Pro subscription to GoSwim.tv and check out the course: “How to Film Swimmers for Evaluations.“
- Have someone film you swimming ONE length of the pool, using the guidelines from the “How to Film Swimmers for Evaluations” course.
- Remember: the footage must be from unde rwater, not from above.
- To send your clip, using the same email that your GoSwim.tv account is set up with, using this link.
- We must receive your clip before midnight on February 28, 2018.
What Happens Next?
- GoSwim’s coaches will review your clip and overlay it with an audio/visual evaluation of your stroke. When we return the video, you’ll have detailed feedback on things you’re doing well…and things you could improve.
- We’ll send you links to appropriate GoSwim videos that will help you make corrections and improvements in your stroke.
- You’ll now have access to every video in the GoSwim.tv platform as a PRO member.
Why Do It?
- With enhanced knowledge of your stroke and what you need to do to improve, your PRO subscription will be even more valuable. And…if you want a follow-up evaluation during the year, you can purchase one for a minimal fee.
- Knowledge is power, and you really don’t KNOW your stroke until you’ve seen it from under the surface.
- Our GoSwim coaches have evaluated more than 20,000 lengths of swimming. We’ve seen a lot…and covered a lot. And we look forward to seeing YOU in February.
Why do we require underwater video?
Our goal is to give you accurate and useful feedback on your swimming. What we’ve learned from years of filming and doing evaluations, is that we need to see your stroke from under the surface. This eliminates the distortions and reflections that occur with above-water filming. Instead of guessing about the path of your hand or the position of your elbow or how much your body is rotating, we can clearly see these things with underwater filming. That’s why we require that you send us underwater footage rather than above-water footage. The better the video you send to us, the better the evaluation and feedback we can provide.
I’ve already used WeTransfer, will I have any trouble?
In sending your files, if you already have an account with WeTransfer and you don’t see our email in the transfer window, click the three dots in the lower right, which should bring up the window that allows you to enter your email. We’ve included a couple screenshots that should help.
Email [email protected] if you have specific questions. We’re happy to help.