To thank Aaron for this, we encourage you to get involved in his organization, Race For The Oceans. Visit the site and get yourself signed up to find out everything he’s doing to help with his favorite organization.
Aaron Peirsol’s backstroke like you’ve never seen it before!
In GO SWIM BACKSTROKE, Gold medalist and world record holder Aaron Peirsol shares the key focus points that he uses to develop his awesome backstroke technique. Aaron’s six focus points work for every level of swimmer – novice to elite – and you don’t have to learn drills or change your normal workout routine in order to incorporate them into your stroke. The extraordinary swimming footage of Aaron, combined with clear, step-by-step instruction, will help take your backstroke to the next level.
* Discover Aaron’s 6 key focus points for fast backstroke, and hear him describe those points in his own words.
* Learn WHY each key point is important, and HOW each one will help you go faster.
* Each focus point is illustrated from multiple angles – side, head-on, below, and behind – and from above and below the surface.
* Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really SEE how to do them.
* Bonus section includes: starts… turns… drills… underwater dolphin… an exclusive interview with Aaron… plus spectacular footage of Aaron surfing at The Wedge, off Newport Beach, CA.
AARON PEIRSOL has been at the elite level of his sport since the age of 10 when he set his first national age-group record. Since then, he has won 4 NCAA championships, 11 national championships, 13 world championships, and 4 Olympic medals (3 gold in 2004; 1 silver in 2000). He has set numerous world records in the 100 and 200 backstroke, and is the current world record holder in the 100 LCM backstroke. Through clinics and appearances, Aaron has won fans all over the world, and is adept at teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities. In partnership with Oceana (http://www.racefortheoceans.org), Aaron also swims (and surfs) to raise awareness about the threats facing our oceans.
GO SWIM BACKSTROKE WITH AARON PEIRSOL was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and world top-ten Masters swimmer.