In GO SWIM BUTTERFLY, Gold Medalist Misty Hyman shares the key focus points that she uses in her training and clinics to develop perfect butterfly technique. Misty’s six focus points work for every level of swimmer — novice to elite — and you don’t have to learn drills or change your normal workout routine in order to incorporate them into your stroke. You can start to apply them immediately, the next time you go to the pool. The extraordinary swimming footage of Misty, combined with her clear, step-by-step instruction, will help take your butterfly to the next level.
* Discover Misty’s 6 key focus points for fast butterfly.
* Learn WHY each key point is important, and HOW each one will help you go faster.
* Each focus point is illustrated from multiple angles ‘side, head-on, below, and rear’ and from above and below the surface.
* Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really SEE how to do them.
* Use Misty’s favorite drills to practice each key element – or just GO SWIM. The 6 simple focal points will help you improve, even without drills.
* In a special bonus interview section, Misty talks about her first race, training and motivation, dealing with disappointment, and "The Race" (her 2000 Olympic victory in Sydney).
MISTY HYMAN is a 5-time NCAA Champion, a 10-time National Champion, and Olympic Gold Medalist. Her victory in the 200 Butterfly at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games will go down as one of the most thrilling (and perfect) swim races of all time. Through her many clinics and appearances, Misty has won fans all over the world, and is adept at teaching her techniques to swimmers of all ages and abilities.
GO SWIM BUTTERFLY WITH MISTY HYMAN was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 US Olympic Swim team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and World Top-Ten Masters swimmer.