At Go Swim, our goal is to provide the clearest, most informative, and most helpful swim-instruction video to our friends all across the world. At the same time, we like to push the envelope of how to deliver that video, to make sure you can access our material where and when you need it the most.
Today, we’d like to enlist your help to see if we can push the envelope a little bit further. We’d like you to play the video clip that you see below… and then give us some feedback on your experience. The video, the short introduction segment of Eric Shanteau’s video, has been encoded so you can see it here online, but also on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android phone.
Without getting too technical, your feedback will help us determine the best mix of quality and size, so you’re able to access this video through your mobile device, but still be able to see the video at the highest possible resolution here on the site.
Please give this video a test, and give us your feedback. We’d like to learn:
• Are you able to view this video on your web browser?
– If not, have you updated to the most recent browser on your computer?
• Are you able to view this video on your mobile device? (currently only Apple devices and Android 2.1 & 2.2 devices).
– Please indicate if you’re using 3G or wifi, and what the experience is in each.
• Are you pleased with the quality of the video? (All of our videos since 2005 have been shot in HD, so we can go MUCH higher in resolution, but if we do that, the size of the file would be so large that it would take hours for most people to load and watch.).
The more feedback you can give us, the better we’ll be able to build the best user experience for you.
Please send your feedback here, and thanks for your time.
Here’s a sample specifically for older iPhones and iPod Touch.