Mixing in long and smooth with some stroke work.
Great opportunity to relax on freestyle, and then put in some good breaststroke swimming. Prior to the set was a warm-up set that I used some fins on to get ready… so I’ll post that too.
Warm-Up Set (long course meters):
• 20 x 50 on :50 – 1:00 – :50 – :50 by sets of 4
– #1 was smooth
– #2 was rotation drill (I did double extended hand with dolphin kick working some sculling into it for timing)
– #3 & 4 were breaststroke with dolphin kick holding about goal 200 pace (remember, I had fins on)
• 1 x 300 on 5:00 – long and easy
• 2 x 100 on 2:00 strong pace (these were breaststroke, lots of rest, so the times had to be pretty good)
• 2 x 50 on 1:00 strong, but setting up each length with a great breakout.
Starting to incorporate more breaststroke into each workout, which is always a search. 🙂