Steve Haufler is widely recognized as one of the best stroke teachers in the world. In GO SWIM BACKSTROKE BASICS, Steve shares his secrets for teaching an efficient and fast backstroke to swimmers of all ages and abilities.
Steve’s teaching progression, based on more than 30 years of experience as a coach and learn-to-swim instructor, has proven effective for thousands of swimmers, from beginner to advanced, age group to masters. It really works, and in this video he makes it accessible for every coach and swim instructor.
By watching Steve as he gives unrehearsed lessons to real swimmers, you’ll learn:
* A simple progression for teaching correct backstroke body position…kick…arm action…timing…and breathing
* Steve’s favorite drills, phrases, and teaching methods for fixing the most common backstroke mistakes
* How to teach and train the all-important underwater dolphin kick
* Steve’s teaching progressions for the backstroke start and finish
* Steve’s "bag of tricks" for fine-tuning backstroke and for getting swimmers ready for top performance
By watching master instructor Steve Haufler, you’ll come away with a backstroke teaching sequence that works. Once you try Steve’s progression, and see the results, you’ll know that you’ve reached a new level as a teacher and coach. You’ll gain confidence that you can turn any swimmer into a backstroker with great underwater dolphin technique.
STEVE HAUFLER, head coach of the Orinda Country Club in Orinda, California, is considered to be a genious at teaching the four strokes and getting kids ready for competitive swimming. His teaching methods are known to instill a lifelong love of swimming, because he knows how to make lessons fun. Steve’s young students (some as young as 5 and 6) progress rapidly from lessons to swim team.
GO SWIM BACKSTROKE BASICS was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, member of the 1980 US Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, vetern of two Olympic Trials. Both are coaches, learn-to-swim instructors, and world top-ten masters swimmers.