I send out an email each day to the noon masters group with an idea of what we’re doing that day. Here’s the text copy of that email:
While it wasn’t exactly what we did, as I’m still just a tad skeptical that we WON’T have practice tomorrow, and just in case, I thought some people may regret what they said to their lanemates. So, I had a backup plan in place.
I wanted to make sure everyone got a little bit of everything, and remembered this workout for the rest of their lives, or at least until tomorrow’s.
Main Set (short course yards):
Repeat this series 4 times –
– 100 IM on 1:30 (you get to swim all four strokes)
– 200 kick on 3:30 (have to experience a little legs only)
– 2 x 100 IM on 1:30 (all strokes just a bit more)
– 200 pull on 3:30 using the kick board (isolate the arms, and get a little uncomfortable trying to hold the board there)
– 100 drill of your choice on 2:00 (you could even choose a drill you’ve never done before and were afraid to try… who’s gonna remember?)
It turned out to be a good practice, with about 3,500 yards in 60 minutes. Nice job everyone.