Here’s a set that is MUCH tougher than you think if you just follow the prescribed stroke-count pattern. Have fun.
Main Set (short course yards):
– 4 x 50 on :50 – get your average stroke count per 25. Just swim them easy and with a pretty consistent flow as you’ll be required to go much lower with the count in a minute.
Here we go
– 8 x 25 on :30 at minus 4. That’s four less strokes per length than your average. Time to practice those dolphins and flutter kicks.
– 8 x 50 on :50 at minus 3. Gets a bit easier, but with the turn, you’re going to have to really focus.
– 8 x 75 on 1:10 at minus 2. When the distance goes up, the rest goes down, it continues to demand concentration.
– 8 x 100 on 1:20 at minus 1. Down to a fairly standard interval, so this means swimming like normal, but with maybe an extra dolphin.
– 8 x 150 on 2:00 at regular stroke rate. Even though you should be at a standard flow right now, if you’ve done the entire set right up to this point, you’ll probably be pretty tired.
As always… enjoy!